Thursday, April 29, 2010

Birthdays!!!


I am so overdue for all of this.

Becca turned 4 on December 27, 2009. We were in South Carolina for Christmas at the time. She requested a pink cake with white icing. Since my cake making skills are negative, and Becca's last birthday cake was a disaster, I decided to let Kroger's bakery do this one.

We gave Becca a violin for her birthday, which she enjoys playing - especially "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star".

Little Michael turned 3 on March 26. I took the day off work, and Mike took the afternoon off. We took the kids to "Five Guys and a Burger" for a very unhealthy, but yummy lunch. Then we took the kids to see the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" (which I thought was great, btw).


After the movie, we picked up one of Michael's little friends and went home for a little family birthday party. He especially loved the slide, which he had been requesting for a solid month. The funny moment was about 30 minutes after he opened his many presents - he came upstairs and threw a tantrum because he wanted to open more presents.

Besides the slide, Michael requested a blue cake with blue icing. When I asked if he wantged ice cream, he said, "No Mommy, icing, not ice cream." So we did not have ice cream.

I decided to bite the bullet and make the cake myself. I talked to my husband, who happens to be an excellent cake maker as well as my mother-in-law, who is an excellent cake decorator. And, after much labor, I think I finally made a cute cake!









Mike's birthday was pretty simple. I got him a couple of TV show seasons, so we just stayed up and watched those. Older birthdays aren't less of a big deal, just a bit calmer.

No comments: