Our church publishes a magazine for kids called "The Friend". It includes lots of short stories that teach kids good principles.
One such snippet included a picture of a girl, holding a candy bar outside a store and looking troubled. I asked the kids why she was sad and helped them notice the candy bar. Becca figured out first that she was sad "because she didn't have any money," and I asked if maybe she took the candy when she wasn't supposed to. I then asked the kids what she should do now. Little Michael's response was worth remembering: "She should give it to us." Then I asked if maybe she should take it back to the store. Michael agreed, but added, "Yeah, she should take it back to the store, so we can buy it."
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment