Thursday, April 2, 2009

Little cub scout angels...

As some of you may know, I have worked part-time from home for an attorney for the last few years (I worked there in the office full-time a couple of years ago). Last week, I started working 30 hours a week in the office again. Things are going really well, but I haven't had as much time to keep my house cleaning up to par. On top of that, we are about to have a lot of company at our house during the next couple of weeks, starting today.

So yesterday at about 5:30, I plopped on one of the kids' beds and said we had a problem - we needed to get the house clean. Just then (literally) the door bell rang, and there stood two of the cub scouts from our neighborhood asking if there was anything they could do to earn some money. And so I put them to work. They scrubbed toy containers, washed the walls, put away toys, vacuumed, and several other jobs. A while later, another scout showed up. That poor guy got stuck with cleaning the microwave, but he was cheerful about it.

In under an hour, my house looked clean again. I was truly grateful for those little scouts who came to my aid just when I needed it.

2 comments:

Greg and Julie Phillips said...

Hey! I love your blog! Your kids are SO cute! THey are getting bigger! I can't wait to come back to Utah and see them!

Rachel said...

What a cute story! Yay for the cubscouts!