Thursday, May 28, 2009

Exercise

I love to exercise, but preferably outdoors. Consequently, I don't do so well during the winter months. Well, summer is upon us, and the great outdoors has once again called my name. Another motivator came when we moved and my commute to work went from 30 minutes to 10. So, I got my bike a tune up, got new tubes in my tires, and have been biking to work this week. It's not consistently every day, mostly varying on if I have enough time, but it feels great. My pinnacle was Tuesday this week when I got up at 4:45 AM, walked for 30 minutes with a co-worker, rode my bike 6 miles to work and 6 miles home again. I'm not sure I'll ever do all of that again in one day, but nevertheless, I can attest that my body likes the exercise and it is clearly a good thing.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Great job! I'm jealous, I have been wanting to ride a bike to work for quite a while, but I'll have to wait until after the baby. Enjoy the beautiful ride for me. :)