Well we're in! We closed on the house last Friday and got keys Monday evening this past week. I took all my time off of work to clean and pack, so unpacking is coming slowly, but we're getting there.
We have had some adventures. We were without water our first night. That got resolved quickly on Tuesday morning. Then, whoever wired the kitchen crossed the dishwasher and the garbage disposal, so the garbage disposal didn't work at all, and the dishwasher only worked when the garbage disposal was turned on. That one was mostly just funny. But everything else has been great, and we are enjoying our new home.
Below is a video tour of the upstairs of the house. There's also a finished laundry room in the basement and then the rest of the basement is unfinished and is currently housing extra furniture, boxes, and food storage. Please excuse the clutter in the video - we are definitely still in the moving in phase. I'll take pics, etc as we get everything put away. I'm also going to overhaul some decor and paint the kids' rooms, so I'll update house pics and videos occasionally to show the progress. Mike's also going to start the yard (currently dirt) in the next week or two, so that will be nice, and I'll take some pics of the outside then, too.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
SO very happy for you guys. When can we come sleep over?
that's very nice - three bedroom? the kitchen cabinets are great! clutter? you should see my house...we are a few months 'behind you' :) - we have tons of boxes and junk we're going through to prepare our house for the market, so it's a disaster most days and the garage is quickly filling up as our 'temporary storage unit'...hope you find the time to 'finish it off'...i have no job to keep me from my tasks...only unhelpers around my feet.
It looks great--I'm so excited for you guys. Moving is always hard. I loved the video tour though--makes me feel like I've almost been there. Almost. You'll get there in time. I do love your kitchen--those cabinets look so great!
Yeah, it really looks like Mike is going to get started right away on the yard- Laying in bed and watching TV. Come on Mike get to work! That is nice grill you have on your deck though, did it come with the house?
Post a Comment